Therapeutic Mesh Blanket
Regular price $79.00
The MESH Dog Blanket is designed with all dogs in mind; young, old, hard-working athletes or the family pet. Every dog can benefit from the natural heat therapy that the Back to Track dog blanket provides. Made of a breathable MESH material, we’ve lined the inside with our state-of-the-art Welltex fabric containing ceramic powder. This ceramic therapy blanket reflects your dog’s natural body warmth and creates a soothing far infrared thermal heat. This gentle heat therapy increases blood circulation and may help reduce inflammation, eliminating many of your dog’s aches and pains so he remains comfortable and active. You’ll find the Back on Track dog blanket ideal for both prevention and injury recovery. Our lightweight MESH ceramic therapy blanket may be used: during the summer, between competition events, layered under another blanket, after bathing or when rain has dampened your dog’s fur. Lacing at the front of the blanket allows for adjustability. Attached wrap-around belly strap keeps blanket in place with opening for leash and dog’s tail. The Back on Track dog blanket has reflectors on each side for enhanced visibility.
- Lacing at the front of the Back on Track dog blanket allows for adjustability.
- Attached wrap-around belly strap keeps blanket in place with opening for leash and dog’s tail.
- This ceramic therapy blanket has reflectors on each side for enhanced visibility.
Our lightweight MESH Dog Blanket may be used: during the summer, between competition events, layered under another blanket,after bathing or when rain has dampened your dog’s fur. Lacing at the front of the blanket allows for adjustability. Attached wrap-around belly strap keeps blanket in place with opening for leash and dog’s tail. Blanket has reflectors on each side for enhanced visibility.
Instructions for UseIntroduce the Back on Track dog blanket gradually to your dog. We recommend letting your dog wear it for a maximum of four (4) hours per day for the first 2 – 3 days. Thereafter, let your dog wear the blanket overnight. Physical response to our MESH Dog Blanket varies. Not for use on pregnant dogs.Sizes: For sizing, measure your dog from collar to base of tail while dog is standing. Make sure head is in a neutral position. (Not too high or too low) *This ceramic therapy blanket comes in the following sizes: Small (9 1/2” to 18”), Medium (16” to 24”), Large (23” to 33”), XLarge (30 to 35") and XXLarge (32 to 37"), Dachshund - 17",18" & 19", Toy - 7 1/2" to 10 1/2". TOY: DACHSHUND:
|cm Size||Fit Range||Size||Fit Range|
|21 cm||7½" - 9"||Small|
|23 cm||8" - 9½"||Medium|
|25 cm||9" - 10½"||Large|
SMALL: MEDIUM: LARGE: XL: XXL:
|cm Size||Fit Range||cm Size||Fit Range||cm Size||Fit Range||cm Size||Fit Range||cm Size||Fit Range|
|27 cm||9½" - 11"||46 cm||16" - 19½"||63 cm||23" - 26"||86 cm||30" -35"||89 cm|
|29 cm||10" - 12"||49 cm||17" - 21"||67 cm||24" - 28"||91 cm|
|31 cm||11" - 13"||52 cm||18" - 22"||70 cm|
|34 cm||12" - 14"||55 cm||20" - 23"||74 cm|
|37 cm||13" - 15"||59 cm||21" - 24"||78 cm|
|40 cm||14" - 16½"||82 cm|
**When measuring for the Back on Track dog blanket, please take in consideration the build of your dog. Is your dog wide, thin, holds it tail up or does the tail hang low? Once you have the measurement you may notice there could be multiple sizes your dog may wear. This is because there is a 2-3 inch zipper opening that you can put your dogs tail through, mostly for those breeds that carries their tail high.
We recommend considering the smaller sized ceramic therapy blanket and not going up a size, because of the 2 to 3-inch zipper opening. The end measurement of the size range is the end of the tail opening to serve as a form of placement on the dog, once you have a collar to base of tail measurement. If you have any questions please feel free to contact us. Care: Machine washable up to 86°F or 30°C. Use normal detergents that do not contain bleach or fabric softeners. Air dry only, do not tumble dry.
Back on Track products are not to be compared with magnetic therapy.
How Back on Track Products Works
By combining modern textile technology and traditional Chinese medicine which is supported by scientific studies, Back on Track creates products that help people, horses and dogs achieve a more active and comfortable life.
Back on Track's joint and muscle support are all made of functional textiles with heat reflective properties. The textile is a synergy of ancient Chinese experience and modern scientific textile technology. During the manufacturing of polyester- or polyester fibers, the ceramic particles are fused into the fibers. When heated, the ceramic particles radiate a heat back towards the body. This reflected heat is long-wave heat radiation, which is also known as long wave infrared radiation.
How long do the Back on Track products work? Since the ceramic particles are melted into the threads they can never wash out, and our products will always be effective. Some of the first horse wraps we made are still going strong after daily use for over 10 years. If you have been using our products for a while, and feel you don’t see the same results as at the beginning, simply take a break for a couple of weeks and try again. While using our products the body can get used to feeling better, so you may no longer see an increased difference. After taking a break you will most likely see that difference again. If you have any questions please call us so we can help you answer any of your concerns.
It is well established and documented that long wave infrared heat radiation increases the blood circulation. The increased blood circulation in the tissues helps to relieve muscles tension and improves performance. One important property is the injury prevention effect, which you get when the protections are used for training and competition.
Heat energy can be transported in three ways: conduction (transfer), convection or radiation.
- When heat transfer or conduction occurs, the heat in a material spreads from one part of the material to another.
- Convection is the loss of heat when a heated liquid or gas (e.g. air) is displaced, carrying the heat with it. The insulating material in ordinary clothing and joint supports, for example cotton, wool and neoprene, is designed to prevent convection and thus retains body heat in the air outside the skin.
- Radiation occurs when a heat source emits heat radiation, where upon it collides with another surface and heats it. Back on Track's products work with radiant heat, the purpose of which is to avoid trapping the heat through insulation. This is so that the protection has a respiratory function, while heat energy in the body tissues increases.
People and animals radiate body heat, both at rest and in activity, however less heat is radiated when at rest. When a material is hit with heat rays, three things can occur.
- The rays can pass straight through the material, which is called transmittance. An example of this is when the sun's heat rays hit a glass plate. The majority of the heat radiation passes through the glass. You would feel this effect if you were to stand in a room with the sun shining through the window.
- The second thing that can happen is that the rays bounce on the material's surface and are reflected away, called reflectance. If all the heat is reflected the material will not be heated as none of the rays radiate through the material.
- The third that can happen is the material absorbs the heat rays, which is called absorbance. Radiated heat can have different wavelengths depending on the temperature of the heat source and the material. Radiant heat is usually within the range of what is called infrared radiation, which means wavelengths between 0.7 microns and 1 mm. A material absorbs different amounts of heat radiation depending on the wavelength of the radiation. This is called the material's absorption spectrum. The radiant heat absorbed increases the heat content of the material.
A material has not only an absorption spectrum but also an emission spectrum. An emission spectrum essentially means that different materials radiate heat of various wavelengths within different temperatures. The amount of radiation and the radiation wavelength varies depending on the heat source temperature and the emission spectrum of the heat source materials. Generally, one can say that the lower the temperature heat source is the longer the wavelength of the heat radiation.
When manufacturing the polyester and polypropylene fibers that Back on Track products are made of, ceramic particles are fused into the textile fibers. The selection of these ceramic particles is based on which absorption and emission spectrum they contain. The result is that when the ceramic particles absorb the body's heat radiation, they expel heat of a specific wavelength, which is based in the long-wave infrared zone of the thermal radiation spectrum. It is well established and documented that long wave infrared heat radiation has a pain reducing effect and increases blood circulation.
Just like other materials, the body's tissues have their own absorption spectrum. The wavelength that the ceramic particles issue is absorbed in the cells. A signal is sent to the brain telling it that heat energy has increased, to which the brain opens up the veins. The absorption happens not only in the skin but also deeper down the tissue, which makes the veins wider not only superficially but also in the muscles and around the joints. The increased blood circulation in the tissues relieves muscle tension and strengthens the body's own ability to reduce inflammations and heal injuries. The products are therefore often used in cases where inflammation is part of the problem. Another important application is injury prevention, which you get when the protections are used for training and competition.